- Formula: C7H14
- Molecular weight: 98.1861
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: QWHNJUXXYKPLQM-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 1638-26-2
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Gem-Dimethylcyclopentane; 1,1-Dimethylcyclopentane
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Normal alkane RI, non-polar column, isothermal
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Column length (m)||51.||150.|
|Column diameter (mm)||0.25||0.35|
|Phase thickness (m)|
|Reference||Li and Deng, 1998||Wu and Lu, 1984||Wu and Lu, 1984||Vigdergauz and Martynov, 1971|
Go To: Top, Normal alkane RI, non-polar column, isothermal, Notes
Li and Deng, 1998
Li, H.; Deng, C., Qualitative analysis of light components of gasoline cracking using Kovats retention indices, J. Instrumental Analysis, 1998, 17, 1, 67-69. [all data]
Wu and Lu, 1984
Wu, J.; Lu, W., Kovats indices of C4-C10 hydrocarbons in apolar quartz capillary OV-101, Chin. J. Chromatogr., 1984, 1, 1, 11-17. [all data]
Vigdergauz and Martynov, 1971
Vigdergauz, M.S.; Martynov, A.A., Some applications of the gas chromatographic linear retention indices, Chromatographia, 1971, 4, 10, 463-467, https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02268816 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Normal alkane RI, non-polar column, isothermal, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.