NOTICE: Due to scheduled maintenance at our Gaithersburg campus, this site will not be available from 5:00 pm EDT (21:00 UTC) on Friday October 25 until 5:00 pm (21:00 UTC) on Sunday October 27. We apologize for any inconvenience this outage may cause.
- Formula: C10H18
- Molecular weight: 138.2499
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: MAWOHFOSAIXURX-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 1636-39-1
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Bicyclopentyl; Cyclopentane, cyclopentyl-; Cyclopentylcyclopentane; Dicyclopentyl
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Kovats' RI, non-polar column, isothermal
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Active phase||Squalane||Squalane||Apiezon L||Methyl Silicone|
|Column length (m)||50.||50.||50.|
|Column diameter (mm)||0.2||0.25||0.25|
|Phase thickness (m)|
|Reference||Mitra, Mohan, et al., 1974||Besson and Gäumann, 1973||Besson and Gäumann, 1973||Antheaume and Guiochon, 1965|
Go To: Top, Kovats' RI, non-polar column, isothermal, Notes
Mitra, Mohan, et al., 1974
Mitra, G.D.; Mohan, G.; Sinha, A., Gas chromatographic analysis of complex hydrocarbon mixtures, J. Chromatogr. A, 1974, 91, 633-648, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(01)97944-0 . [all data]
Besson and Gäumann, 1973
Besson, R.; Gäumann, T., Indices de rétention de cycloalcanes, cycloalcènes, bicycloalkyles, cycloalkyl-cycloalcényles et bicycloalcényles en chromatographie en phase gazeuse, Helv. Chim. Acta, 1973, 56, 3, 1159-1164, https://doi.org/10.1002/hlca.19730560339 . [all data]
Antheaume and Guiochon, 1965
Antheaume, J.; Guiochon, G., Application de la chromatographie en phase gazeuse à l'étude de la composition des fractions moyennes d'un brut pétrolier, Bull. Soc. Chim. Fr., 1965, 2, 298-307. [all data]
Go To: Top, Kovats' RI, non-polar column, isothermal, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.