- Formula: C5H10
- Molecular weight: 70.1329
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: PBIJFSCPEFQXBB-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 1630-94-0
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Gem-Dimethylcyclopropane; 1,1-Dimethylcyclopropane
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
Kovats' RI, non-polar column, isothermal
View large format table.
|Column type||Active phase||Temperature (C)||I||Reference||Comment|
|Packed||Squalane||20.||459.||Bogoslovsky, Anvaer, et al., 1978|
|Capillary||Squalane||120.||458.8||Schomburg and Dielmann, 1973||Column length: 100. m; Column diameter: 0.25 mm|
Normal alkane RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program
View large format table.
|Column type||Active phase||I||Reference||Comment|
|Capillary||Squalane||459.||Chen, 2008||Program: not specified|
|Capillary||Nonpolar||460.||Staples and Zeiger, 2008||Program: not specified|
|Capillary||Polydimethyl siloxanes||460.||Zenkevich, Chupalov, et al., 1996||Program: not specified|
|Capillary||Methyl Silicone||460.||Zenkevich, 1996||Program: not specified|
Go To: Top, Gas Chromatography, Notes
Bogoslovsky, Anvaer, et al., 1978
Bogoslovsky, Yu.N.; Anvaer, B.I.; Vigdergauz, M.S., Chromatographic constants in gas chromatography (in Russian), Standards Publ. House, Moscow, 1978, 192. [all data]
Schomburg and Dielmann, 1973
Schomburg, G.; Dielmann, G., Use of retention increments for identification and correlation of saturated and unsaturated cyclopropane hydrocarbons by means of Kovats indices, Anal. Chem., 1973, 45, 9, 1647-1658, https://doi.org/10.1021/ac60331a021 . [all data]
Chen, H.-F., Quantitative prediction of gas chromatography retention indices with support vector machines, radial basis neutral networks and multiple linear regression, Anal. Chim. Acta, 2008, 609, 1, 24-36, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aca.2008.01.003 . [all data]
Staples and Zeiger, 2008
Staples, E.; Zeiger, K., On-Site Measurements of VOCs and Odors from Metal Casting Operations Using an Ultra-Fast Gas Chromatograph, 2008, retrieved from http://www.estcal.com/TechPapers/Industrial/FoundryOdors.doc. [all data]
Zenkevich, Chupalov, et al., 1996
Zenkevich, I.G.; Chupalov, A.A.; Herzschuh, R., Correlation of the Increments of Gas Chromatographic Retention Indices with the Differences of Innermolecular Energies of Reagents and Products of Chemical Reactions, Zh. Org. Khim. (Rus.), 1996, 32, 11, 1685-1691. [all data]
Zenkevich, I.G., Informational Maitenance of Gas Chromatographic Identification of Organic Compounds in Ecoanalytical Investigations, Z. Anal. Chem., 1996, 51, 11, 1140-1148. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas Chromatography, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.