- Formula: C10H22
- Molecular weight: 142.2817
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: HOAAQUNESXYFDT-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 15869-89-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 2,5-Dimethyloctane
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Kenneth Kroenlein director
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|Tboil||430.0||K||N/A||Shuikin and Cherkashin, 1957||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 1. K; TRC|
|Tboil||430.15||K||N/A||Kazanskii and Sergienko, 1939||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 2. K; TRC|
|Tboil||429.15||K||N/A||Levene and Marker, 1932||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 2. K; TRC|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Shuikin and Cherkashin, 1957
Shuikin, N.I.; Cherkashin, M.I., Some Specific Characteristics of A Skeletal Nickel-Aluminum Catalyst in the Hydrogenolysis of A Cyclopentane Ring, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1957, 1957, 1256. [all data]
Kazanskii and Sergienko, 1939
Kazanskii, B.A.; Sergienko, S.R., Zh. Obshch. Khim., 1939, 9, 447. [all data]
Levene and Marker, 1932
Levene, P.A.; Marker, R.E., J. Biol. Chem., 1932, 95, 1. [all data]
Reid, Robert C., Handbook on vapor pressure and heats of vaporization of hydrocarbons and related compounds, R. C. Wilhort and B. J. Zwolinski, Texas A Research Foundation. College Station, Texas(1971). 329 pages.$10.00, AIChE J., 1972, 18, 6, 1278-1278, https://doi.org/10.1002/aic.690180637 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point vapH° Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.