- Formula: BrO
- Molecular weight: 95.903
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: FMSOWMGJJIHFTQ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 15656-19-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
LL - Sharon G. Lias and Joel F. Liebman
LLK - Sharon G. Lias, Rhoda D. Levin, and Sherif A. Kafafi
B - John E. Bartmess
View reactions leading to BrO+ (ion structure unspecified)
Electron affinity determinations
|2.3530 ± 0.0060||LPES||Gilles, Polak, et al., 1992||B|
|>1.53 ± 0.22||R-A||Vogt, Dreves, et al., 1977||Br- + O2 ->; B|
Ionization energy determinations
|10.46 ± 0.02||PI||Monks, Stief, et al., 1993||LL|
|10.29 ± 0.01||PE||Dunlavey, Dyke, et al., 1978||Vertical value; LLK|
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Notes
Gilles, Polak, et al., 1992
Gilles, M.K.; Polak, M.L.; Lineberger, W.C., Photoelectron Spectroscopy of the Halogen Oxide Anions FO-, ClO-, BrO-, IO-, OClO-, and OIO-, J. Chem. Phys., 1992, 96, 11, 8012, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.462352 . [all data]
Vogt, Dreves, et al., 1977
Vogt, D.; Dreves, W.; Mischke, J., Energy dependence of differential cross sections in endoergic ion-molecule collision processes of negative ions, Int. J. Mass Spectrom. Ion Phys., 1977, 24, 285. [all data]
Monks, Stief, et al., 1993
Monks, P.S.; Stief, L.J.; Krauss, M.; Kuo, S.C.; Klemm, R.B., A discharge-flow photoionization mass-spectrometric study of the BrO(X 2) radical. Photoionization spectrum and ionization energy, Chem. Phys. Lett., 1993, 211, 416. [all data]
Dunlavey, Dyke, et al., 1978
Dunlavey, S.J.; Dyke, J.M.; Morris, A., The first ionization potential of the BrO(X2«pi»3/2) radical obtained using photoelectron spectroscopy, Chem. Phys. Lett., 1978, 53, 382. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
EA Electron affinity
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.