- Formula: ClO
- Molecular weight: 51.452
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: NHYCGSASNAIGLD-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 14989-30-1
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
|fH°gas||24.192||kcal/mol||Review||Chase, 1998||Data last reviewed in December, 1992|
|S°gas,1 bar||54.171||cal/mol*K||Review||Chase, 1998||Data last reviewed in December, 1992|
Gas Phase Heat Capacity (Shomate Equation)
Cp° = A + B*t + C*t2 + D*t3 +
H° − H°298.15= A*t + B*t2/2 + C*t3/3 + D*t4/4 − E/t + F − H
S° = A*ln(t) + B*t + C*t2/2 + D*t3/3 − E/(2*t2) + G
Cp = heat capacity (cal/mol*K)
H° = standard enthalpy (kcal/mol)
S° = standard entropy (cal/mol*K)
t = temperature (K) / 1000.
|Temperature (K)||298. - 600.||600. - 6000.|
|Reference||Chase, 1998||Chase, 1998|
|Comment||Data last reviewed in December, 1992||Data last reviewed in December, 1992|
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References, Notes
Data compiled by: John E. Bartmess
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
(CAS Reg. No. 80424-04-0 4294967295) + = CAS Reg. No. 80424-04-0
By formula: (CAS Reg. No. 80424-04-0 4294967295ClO) + ClO = CAS Reg. No. 80424-04-0
|rH°||74.5 ± 1.4||kcal/mol||N/A||Distelrath and Boesl, 2000||gas phase; Reassignment of bands from Gilles, Polak, et al., 1992|
|rH°||79.9 ± 1.4||kcal/mol||Ther||Gilles, Polak, et al., 1992||gas phase|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Chase, M.W., Jr., NIST-JANAF Themochemical Tables, Fourth Edition, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, Monograph 9, 1998, 1-1951. [all data]
Distelrath and Boesl, 2000
Distelrath, V.; Boesl, U., Mass selective gas phase study of ClO, OClO, ClOO and ClAr by anion-ZEKE-photoelectron spectroscopy, Faraday Disc. Chem. Soc., 2000, 115, 161-174, https://doi.org/10.1039/a909618c . [all data]
Gilles, Polak, et al., 1992
Gilles, M.K.; Polak, M.L.; Lineberger, W.C., Photoelectron Spectroscopy of the Halogen Oxide Anions FO-, ClO-, BrO-, IO-, OClO-, and OIO-, J. Chem. Phys., 1992, 96, 11, 8012, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.462352 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
S°gas,1 bar Entropy of gas at standard conditions (1 bar) fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.