- Formula: C10H7N3S
- Molecular weight: 201.248
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: WJCNZQLZVWNLKY-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 148-79-8
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 1H-Benzimidazole, 2-(4-thiazolyl)-; Benzimidazole, 2-(4-thiazolyl)-; Equizole; Mertec; Mertect; Mertect 160; Metasol TK 100; Mintesol; Mintezol; Minzolum; MK 360; Omnizole; Tebuzate; Tecto; Tecto 10P; Tecto 40F; Tecto 60; Testo; Thiabendazol; Thiabenzole; Thibenzol; Thibenzole; Thibenzole 200; Tiabenda; Triasox; TBZ; TBZ 6; TBZ 60W; 2-(Thiazol-4-yl)benzimidazole; 2-(4-Thiazolyl)benzimidazole; 2-(4'-Thiazolyl)benzimidazole; Apl-Luster; Bovizole; E-Z-Ex; Eprofil; Lombristop; Mycozol; Nemapan; Polival; Thiaben; Thibenzole ATT; Top form wormer; 2-Thiazole-4-ylbenzimidazole; Arbotect; 4-(2-Benzimidazolyl)thiazole; Bioguard; RPH; Storite; Tbdz; Tecto rph; Thiabenzazole; 2-(4-Thiazolyl)-1H-benzimidazole; Tobaz; Tiabendazole; Equivet TZ; Tiabendazol; Tibimix 20; Thibendole; Thiabendole; Sistesan; Sanaizol 100; Chemviron TK 100; Tecto B; 5-(4-Thiazolyl)benzimidazole; Ormogal; Cropasal; Drawipas; g 491; Hokustar HP; Mertect 340F; Mertect LSP; 2-(1,3-Thiazol-4-yl)benzimidazole; Hymush; Nemacin; Thiprazole; Tubazole; 2-(4-Thiazolyl)-1H-benzoimidazole; 4-(1H-Benzimidazol-2-yl)thiazole; Pitrizet; Metasol TK 25; Statin; 2-(4-Thiazolyl)-1H-benzimidazole (thiabendazole)
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Chris Muzny, director
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|Tfus||574.8||K||N/A||Plato, 1972||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.2 K; TRC|
Enthalpy of fusion
|fusH (kcal/mol)||Temperature (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|8.41||573.2||DSC||Muela, Escalera, et al., 2010||AC|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Plato, C., DSC as a general method for determining purity and heat of fusion of high-purity organic chemicals, Anal. Chem., 1972, 44, 1531. [all data]
Muela, Escalera, et al., 2010
Muela, Susana; Escalera, Begoña; Peña, M. Ángeles; Bustamante, Pilar, Influence of temperature on the solubilization of thiabendazole by combined action of solid dispersions and co-solvents, International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2010, 384, 1-2, 93-99, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpharm.2009.10.001 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tfus Fusion (melting) point fusH Enthalpy of fusion
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.