- Formula: CH3DO
- Molecular weight: 33.0480
- CAS Registry Number: 1455-13-6
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Chris Muzny director
DH - Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
|Ttriple||173.52||K||N/A||Staveley and Gupta, 1949||Crystal phase 1 phase; Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.08 K; TRC|
Enthalpy of phase transition
|Htrs (kcal/mol)||Temperature (K)||Initial Phase||Final Phase||Reference||Comment|
|0.1558||161.1||crystaline, II||crystaline, I||Staveley and Gupta, 1949||DH|
|0.7261||173.5||crystaline, I||liquid||Staveley and Gupta, 1949||DH|
Entropy of phase transition
|Strs (cal/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Initial Phase||Final Phase||Reference||Comment|
|0.968||161.1||crystaline, II||crystaline, I||Staveley and Gupta, 1949||DH|
|4.185||173.5||crystaline, I||liquid||Staveley and Gupta, 1949||DH|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Staveley and Gupta, 1949
Staveley, L.A.K.; Gupta, A.K., A semi-micro low-temperature calorimeter, and a comparison of some thermodynamic properties of methyl alcohol and methyl deuteroxide, Trans. Faraday Soc., 1949, 45, 50-61. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Ttriple Triple point temperature Htrs Enthalpy of phase transition Strs Entropy of phase transition
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.