- Formula: CHNaO2
- Molecular weight: 68.0072
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: HLBBKKJFGFRGMU-UHFFFAOYSA-M
- CAS Registry Number: 141-53-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Species with the same structure:
- Other names: Sodium methanoate
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
|S°solid,1 bar||103.76||J/mol*K||N/A||Franzosini, Plautz, et al., 1983||S data taken from 60WES/CHA.|
|S°solid,1 bar||103.76||J/mol*K||N/A||Westrum, Chang, et al., 1960|
Constant pressure heat capacity of solid
|Cp,solid (J/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|87.68||298.15||Franzosini, Plautz, et al., 1983||T = 300 to 520 K. Cp data taken from Westrum, Chang, et al., 1960 in temperature range 5 to 350 K.|
|88.3||340.||Ferloni, Sanesi, et al., 1975||T = 340 to 560 K.|
|87.68||298.15||Westrum, Chang, et al., 1960||T = 5 to 350 K.|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Franzosini, Plautz, et al., 1983
Franzosini, P.; Plautz, W.A.; Westrum, E.F., Jr., Thermophysics of metal alkanoates. I. Heat capacities and thermodynamic properties of sodium methanoate and ethanoate, J. Chem. Thermodynam., 1983, 15, 445-456. [all data]
Westrum, Chang, et al., 1960
Westrum, E.F., Jr.; Chang, S-S.; Levitin, N.E., The heat capacity and thermodynamic properties of sodium formate from 5 to 350K, J. Phys. Chem., 1960, 64, 1553-1554. [all data]
Ferloni, Sanesi, et al., 1975
Ferloni, P.; Sanesi, M.; Franzosini, P.; C4 alkanoates, Phase transitions in the alkali C1-n., Z. Naturforsch. 30a, 1975, 1447-1454. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,solid Constant pressure heat capacity of solid S°solid,1 bar Entropy of solid at standard conditions (1 bar)
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.