2-Propenoic acid, ethyl ester
- Formula: C5H8O2
- Molecular weight: 100.1158
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: JIGUQPWFLRLWPJ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 140-88-5
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Acrylic acid ethyl ester; Ethyl acrylate; Ethyl propenoate; Ethyl 2-propenoate; CH2=CHCOOC2H5; Acrylate d'ethyle; Acrylic acid, ethyl ester (inhibited); Ethyl acrylate, inhibited; Ethylacrylaat; Ethylakrylat; Etil acrilato; Etilacrilatului; NCI-C50384; Acrylsaeureaethylester; Aethylacrylat; Akrylanem etylu; Carboset 511; Ethoxycarbonylethylene; Ethylester kyseliny akrylove; Rcra waste number U113; Ethyl ester of 2-propenoic acid; NSC 8263
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Kenneth Kroenlein director
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
DRB - Donald R. Burgess, Jr.
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|Tboil||373.0||K||N/A||Weast and Grasselli, 1989||BS|
|Tboil||373.||K||N/A||American Tokyo Kasei, 1988||BS|
|Tboil||372.5||K||N/A||Anonymous, 1955||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 3. K; TRC|
|vapH°||39.2||kJ/mol||V||Vilcu, Perisanu, et al., 1975||ALS|
|vapH°||39.2||kJ/mol||N/A||Vilcu, Perisanu, et al., 1975||DRB|
Enthalpy of vaporization
|vapH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|41.4||258.||Stull, 1947||Based on data from 243. - 372. K.; AC|
Antoine Equation Parameters
log10(P) = A − (B / (T + C))
P = vapor pressure (bar)
T = temperature (K)
|243.7 - 372.7||4.27453||1366.06||-52.678||Stull, 1947||Coefficents calculated by NIST from author's data.|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Weast and Grasselli, 1989
CRC Handbook of Data on Organic Compounds, 2nd Editon, Weast,R.C and Grasselli, J.G., ed(s)., CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, 1989, 1. [all data]
American Tokyo Kasei, 1988
American Tokyo Kasei, TCI American Organic Chemical 88/89 Catalog, American Tokyo Kasei, Portland, OR, 1988, 1610. [all data]
Anonymous, X., Chemicals and Plastics Physical Properties, 1968, Union Carbide Corp., product bulletin, 1968. [all data]
Anonymous, R., , Am. Pet. Inst. Res. Proj. 45, Tech. Rep. 14, No. 1, Ohio State Univ., 1955. [all data]
Vilcu, Perisanu, et al., 1975
Vilcu, R.; Perisanu, S.; Ciocazanu, I., Heats of formation in the ideal gas state of some substances containing carbon, hydrogen and oxygen, Conf. Int. Thermodyn. Chim. C.R. 4th, 1975, 1, 105-112. [all data]
Stull, Daniel R., Vapor Pressure of Pure Substances. Organic and Inorganic Compounds, Ind. Eng. Chem., 1947, 39, 4, 517-540, https://doi.org/10.1021/ie50448a022 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point Tfus Fusion (melting) point vapH Enthalpy of vaporization vapH° Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.