- Formula: H2Si
- Molecular weight: 30.1014
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: XMIJDTGORVPYLW-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 13825-90-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
B - John E. Bartmess
M - Michael M. Meot-Ner (Mautner) and Sharon G. Lias
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
(H3Si- 4294967295) + = H3Si-
By formula: (H3Si- 4294967295H2Si) + H2Si = H3Si-
|rH°||354. ± 5.9||kJ/mol||N/A||Nimlos and Ellison, 1986||gas phase; B|
|rH°||212. ± 10.||kJ/mol||Ther||Bartmess, Scott, et al., 1979||gas phase; value altered from reference due to change in acidity scale; B|
+ = ( )
By formula: Fe+ + H2Si = (Fe+ H2Si)
|rH°||280. ± 50.||kJ/mol||ICR||Jacobson and Bakhtiar, 1993||gas phase; M|
HSi- + =
By formula: HSi- + H+ = H2Si
|rH°||1502. ± 9.6||kJ/mol||D-EA||Kasdan, Herbst, et al., 1975||gas phase; B|
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Nimlos and Ellison, 1986
Nimlos, M.R.; Ellison, G.B., Photoelectron spectroscopy of SiH3- and SiD3-, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1986, 108, 6522. [all data]
Bartmess, Scott, et al., 1979
Bartmess, J.E.; Scott, J.A.; McIver, R.T., Jr., The gas phase acidity scale from methanol to phenol, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1979, 101, 6047. [all data]
Jacobson and Bakhtiar, 1993
Jacobson, D.B.; Bakhtiar, R., Generation, Characterization and Properties of Iron-Silylene and Iron-Sylene Cationic Complexes in the Gas Phase, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1993, 115, 23, 10830, https://doi.org/10.1021/ja00076a046 . [all data]
Kasdan, Herbst, et al., 1975
Kasdan, A.; Herbst, E.; Lineberger, W.C., Laser photoelectron spectrometry of the negative ions of silicon and its hydrides, J. Chem. Phys., 1975, 62, 541. [all data]
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.