- Formula: C24H18
- Molecular weight: 306.3997
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: GPRIERYVMZVKTC-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 135-70-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: p,p'-Quaterphenyl; p-Quaterphenyl; p-Tetraphenyl; Benzerythrene; Quadriphenyl; 1,1'-Biphenyl, 4,4'-diphenyl-; 4,4'-Diphenylbiphenyl
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
DRB - Donald R. Burgess, Jr.
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|fH°gas||400. ± 11.||kJ/mol||Review||Roux, Temprado, et al., 2008||There are insufficient literature values to properly evaluate the data and insufficient information to construct thermochemical cycles or estimate values for comparison, and one must rely solely upon reported uncertainities and the quality of the measurements. In general, the evaluated uncertainty limits are on the order of (3 to 9) kJ/mol.; DRB|
|fH°gas||382. ± 7.5||kJ/mol||Ccb||Balepin, Lebedev, et al., 1977||ALS|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Roux, Temprado, et al., 2008
Roux, M.V.; Temprado, M.; Chickos, J.S.; Nagano, Y., Critically Evaluated Thermochemical Properties of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons, J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data, 2008, 37, 4, 1855-1996. [all data]
Balepin, Lebedev, et al., 1977
Balepin, A.A.; Lebedev, V.P.; Miroshnichenko, E.A.; Koldobskii, G.I.; Ostovskii, V.A.; Larionov, B.P.; Gidaspov, B.V.; Lebedev, Yu.A., Energy effects in polyphenylenes and phenyltetrazoles, Svoistva Veshchestv Str. Mol., 1977, 93-98. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.