- Formula: GaI3
- Molecular weight: 450.436
- CAS Registry Number: 13450-91-4
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, Reaction thermochemistry data, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|subH°||24.02 ± 0.48||kcal/mol||TE||Brunetti, Piacente, et al., 2010||Based on data from 345. - 401. K.|
Reaction thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References, Notes
Data compiled by: José A. Martinho Simões
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. A general reaction search form is also available. Future versions of this site may rely on reaction search pages in place of the enumerated reaction displays seen below.
(l) + 3 (cr) = GaI3 (cr) + 3 (l)
By formula: C3H9Ga (l) + 3I2 (cr) = GaI3 (cr) + 3CH3I (l)
|rH°||-47.8 ± 2.0||kcal/mol||RSC||Fowell and Mortimer, 1958||Please also see Pedley and Rylance, 1977 and Cox and Pilcher, 1970.|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Reaction thermochemistry data, Notes
Brunetti, Piacente, et al., 2010
Brunetti, Bruno; Piacente, Vincenzo; Scardala, Paolo, Vapor Pressures of Gallium Trifluoride, Trichloride, and Triiodide and Their Standard Sublimation Enthalpies, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 2010, 55, 1, 98-102, https://doi.org/10.1021/je900276q . [all data]
Fowell and Mortimer, 1958
Fowell, P.A.; Mortimer, C.T., J. Chem. Soc., 1958, 3734.. [all data]
Pedley and Rylance, 1977
Pedley, J.B.; Rylance, J., Computer Analysed Thermochemical Data: Organic and Organometallic Compounds, University of Sussex, Brigton, 1977. [all data]
Cox and Pilcher, 1970
Cox, J.D.; Pilcher, G., Thermochemistry of Organic and Organometallic Compounds in Academic Press, New York, 1970. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Reaction thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions subH° Enthalpy of sublimation at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.