- Formula: C12H8S
- Molecular weight: 184.257
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: IYYZUPMFVPLQIF-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 132-65-0
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: [1,1'-Biphenyl]-2,2'-diyl sulfide; Dibenzo[b,d]thiophene; Diphenylene sulfide; 2,2'-Biphenylylene sulfide; 9-Thiafluorene; «alpha»-Thiafluorene
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Enthalpy of sublimation at standard conditions (nominally 298.15 K, 1 atm.)
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
DRB - Donald R. Burgess, Jr.
|93.2 ± 0.5||C||Freitas, Gomes, et al., 2009||AC|
|93.3||V||Chirico, Knipmeyer, et al., 1991||ALS|
|85.1 ± 0.4||C||Sabbah and Antipine, 1987||See also Sabbah, 1979.; AC|
|85.09 ± 0.35||C||Sabbah and Antipine, 1987, 2||see Sabbah, 1979, 2; ALS|
|85.1||N/A||Sabbah and Antipine, 1987, 2||DRB|
|97.5||N/A||Aubry, Mayoral, et al., 1975||See also Freitas, Gomes, et al., 2009.; AC|
Go To: Top, Enthalpy of sublimation at standard conditions (nominally 298.15 K, 1 atm.), Notes
Freitas, Gomes, et al., 2009
Freitas, Vera L.S.; Gomes, José R.B.; Ribeiro da Silva, Maria D.M.C., Revisiting dibenzothiophene thermochemical data: Experimental and computational studies, The Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics, 2009, 41, 11, 1199-1205, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jct.2009.05.019 . [all data]
Chirico, Knipmeyer, et al., 1991
Chirico, R.D.; Knipmeyer, S.E.; Nguyen, A.; Steele, W.V., The thermodynamic properties of dibenzothiophene, J. Chem. Thermodyn., 1991, 23, 431-450. [all data]
Sabbah and Antipine, 1987
Sabbah, R.; Antipine, I., Bull. Soc. Chim. Fr., 1987, 392. [all data]
Sabbah, R., Thermodynamics of sulfur compounds. I. Thermochemical study of 2,3-benzothiophene and dibenzothiophene, Bull. Soc. Chim. Fr., 1979, 9-10, 434. [all data]
Sabbah and Antipine, 1987, 2
Sabbah, R.; Antipine, I., Thermodynamic study on four polycycles. Relationship between their energy values and their structure, Bull. Soc. Chim. Fr., 1987, 392-400. [all data]
Sabbah, 1979, 2
Sabbah, R., Thermodynamique de substances soufrees. I. Etude thermochimique du benzo-2,3 thiophene et du dibenzothiophene, Bull. Soc. Chim. France, 1979, 9, 434-437. [all data]
Aubry, Mayoral, et al., 1975
Aubry, M.; Mayoral, M.N.; Villardry, P., Bull. Soc. Chim. Fr., 1975, 112, 500. [all data]
Go To: Top, Enthalpy of sublimation at standard conditions (nominally 298.15 K, 1 atm.), References
- Symbols used in this document:
subH° Enthalpy of sublimation at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.