- Formula: CH3NaO
- Molecular weight: 54.0237
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: WQDUMFSSJAZKTM-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 124-41-4
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Sodium methoxide
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
MS - José A. Martinho Simões
DH - Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
|fH°solid||-375.9 ± 3.1||kJ/mol||Review||Martinho Simões||MS|
|fH°solid||-372.8 ± 2.4||kJ/mol||Review||Martinho Simões||MS|
|fH°solid||-374.4 ± 2.0||kJ/mol||Review||Martinho Simões||Selected data. Average of the values from Leal, Pires de Matos, et al., 1991; MS|
|S°solid,1 bar||110.58||J/mol*K||N/A||Grenier and Westrum, 1957||DH|
Constant pressure heat capacity of solid
|Cp,solid (J/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|69.45||298.15||Grenier and Westrum, 1957||T = 5 to 340 K.; DH|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Martinho Simões, J.A., Private communication (see http://webbook.nist.gov/chemistry/om/). [all data]
Leal, Pires de Matos, et al., 1991
Leal, J.P.; Pires de Matos, A.; Martinho Simões, J.A., J. Organometal. Chem., 1991, 403, 1. [all data]
Grenier and Westrum, 1957
Grenier, G.; Westrum, E.F., Jr., The low temperature heat capacity and thermodynamic properties of sodium methoxide, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1957, 79, 1802-1804. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,solid Constant pressure heat capacity of solid S°solid,1 bar Entropy of solid at standard conditions (1 bar) fH°solid Enthalpy of formation of solid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.