- Formula: C8H16O2
- Molecular weight: 144.2114
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: WWZKQHOCKIZLMA-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 124-07-2
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: n-Caprylic acid; n-Octanoic acid; n-Octoic acid; n-Octylic acid; Neo-Fat 8; Caprylic acid; Enantic acid; Octylic acid; 1-Heptanecarboxylic acid; Heptane-1-carboxylic acid; Octic acid; Hexacid 898; C-8 Acid; Kyselina kaprylova; Lunac 8-95; Emery 657; Octoic acid; Prifac 2901; 1-Octanoic acid; NSC 5024; Prifrac 2901
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Donald R. Burgess, Jr.
|fH°gas||-554.5 ± 1.3||kJ/mol||Ccb||Adriaanse, Dekker, et al., 1965||Value computed using «DELTA»fHliquid° from Adriaanse, Dekker, et al., 1965 and «DELTA»vapH° value of 80.3 kJ/mol from Baccanari, Novinski, et al., 1968. estimated uncertainty|
|fH°gas||-556.6||kJ/mol||N/A||Lebedeva, 1964||Value computed using «DELTA»fHliquid° value of -636.89±0.54 kj/mol from Lebedeva, 1964 and «DELTA»vapH° value of 80.3 kj/mol from missing citation.|
|fH°gas||-554.0 ± 1.1||kJ/mol||N/A||Lebedeva, 1964||Value computed using «DELTA»fHliquid° value of -636.89±0.54 kj/mol from Lebedeva, 1964 and «DELTA»vapH° value of 82.9±1 kj/mol from missing citation.|
|fH°gas||-556.6 ± 1.1||kJ/mol||Ccb||Lebedeva, 1964||Value computed using «DELTA»fHliquid° from Lebedeva, 1964 and «DELTA»vapH° value of 80.3 kJ/mol from Baccanari, Novinski, et al., 1968. estimated uncertainty|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Adriaanse, Dekker, et al., 1965
Adriaanse, N.; Dekker, H.; Coops, J., Heats of combustion of normal saturated fatty acids and their methyl esters, Rec. Trav. Chim. Pays/Bas, 1965, 84, 393-407. [all data]
Baccanari, Novinski, et al., 1968
Baccanari, D.P.; Novinski, J.A.; Pan, Y.; Yevitz, M.M.; Swain, H.A., Jr., Heats of sublimation and vaporization at 25° of long chain fatty acids and methyl esters, Trans. Faraday Soc., 1968, 64, 1201. [all data]
Lebedeva, N.D., Heats of combustion of monocarboxylic acids, Russ. J. Phys. Chem. (Engl. Transl.), 1964, 38, 1435-1437. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.