- Formula: C8H18O
- Molecular weight: 130.2279
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: SJWFXCIHNDVPSH-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 123-96-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Species with the same structure:
- Other names: «beta»-Octyl alcohol; n-Octan-2-ol; sec-Caprylic alcohol; sec-Octyl alcohol; Capryl alcohol; Hexylmethylcarbinol; Methylhexylcarbinol; 1-Methyl-1-heptanol; 1-Methylheptyl alcohol; 2-Octyl alcohol; Octanol-2; 2-Hydroxyoctane; s-Octyl alcohol; Octan-2-ol; 2-Octanol, (.+/-.)-; 1-Methylheptanol; 2-Hydroxy-n-octane; NSC 14759; methylheptanol
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Normal boiling point
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Kenneth Kroenlein director
|453.05||Puzitskii, Bulanova, et al., 1970||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 2.5 K; TRC|
|453.55||Lecat, 1943||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.2 K; TRC|
|452.2||Lecat, 1927||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.5 K; TRC|
|452.2||Lecat, 1926||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.5 K; TRC|
|452.2||Lecat, 1926, 2||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.5 K; TRC|
|452.15||Timmermans, 1921||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.4 K; identified as sec-octyl alcohol; TRC|
Go To: Top, Normal boiling point, Notes
Puzitskii, Bulanova, et al., 1970
Puzitskii, K.V.; Bulanova, T.F.; Bin, Y.Y.; Eidus, Y.T., Synthesis of C7-C9 2,2- and 3,3-Dimethylalkanes from Saturated C6-C9 Normal Alcohols, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1970, 1970, 1872. [all data]
Lecat, M., Azeotropes of Ethyl Urethane and other Azeotropes, C. R. Hebd. Seances Acad. Sci., 1943, 217, 273. [all data]
Lecat, M., New binary azeotropes: 6th list, Ann. Soc. Sci. Bruxelles, Ser. B, 1927, 47, 63-71. [all data]
Lecat, M., New binary azeotropes: 3rd list, Ann. Soc. Sci. Bruxelles, Ser. B, 1926, 45, 284-94. [all data]
Lecat, 1926, 2
Lecat, M., New binary azeotropes second list, Recl. Trav. Chim. Pays-Bas, 1926, 45, 620-627. [all data]
Timmermans, J., The Freezing Points of Organic Substances IV. New Exp. Determinations, Bull. Soc. Chim. Belg., 1921, 30, 62. [all data]
Go To: Top, Normal boiling point, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.