- Formula: C3H6O
- Molecular weight: 58.0791
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: NBBJYMSMWIIQGU-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 123-38-6
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Propionaldehyde; Methylacetaldehyde; Propaldehyde; Propional; Propionic aldehyde; Propylaldehyde; Propylic aldehyde; C2H5CHO; n-Propionaldehyde; Propanalaldehyde; n-Propanal; Aldehyde propionique; Propanaldehyde; NCI-C61029; UN 1275; 1-Propanone; 1-Propanal; Proprionaldehyde; NSC 6493
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Ion clustering data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
B - John E. Bartmess
M - Michael M. Meot-Ner (Mautner) and Sharon G. Lias
Note: Please consider using the reaction search for this species. This page allows searching of all reactions involving this species. Searches may be limited to ion clustering reactions. A general reaction search form is also available.
(C3H7O- 4294967295) + = C3H7O-
By formula: (C3H7O- 4294967295C3H6O) + C3H6O = C3H7O-
|rH°||41.0 ± 2.2||kcal/mol||N/A||Bartmess, Scott, et al., 1979||gas phase; value altered from reference due to change in acidity scale; B|
+ = ( )
By formula: Mg+ + C3H6O = (Mg+ C3H6O)
|rH°||65. ± 5.||kcal/mol||ICR||Operti, Tews, et al., 1988||gas phase; switching reaction,Thermochemical ladder(Mg+)CH3OH; M|
+ = ( )
By formula: NO- + C3H6O = (NO- C3H6O)
|rH°||38.1||kcal/mol||ICR||Reents and Freiser, 1981||gas phase; switching reaction,Thermochemical ladder(NO+)C2H5OH, Entropy change calculated or estimated; Farid and McMahon, 1978, ref. to PA(NH3)=208. kcal/mol; M|
Go To: Top, Ion clustering data, Notes
Bartmess, Scott, et al., 1979
Bartmess, J.E.; Scott, J.A.; McIver, R.T., Jr., The gas phase acidity scale from methanol to phenol, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1979, 101, 6047. [all data]
Operti, Tews, et al., 1988
Operti, L.; Tews, E.C.; Freiser, B.S., Determination of Gas-Phase Ligand Binding Energies to Mg+ by FTMS Techniques, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1988, 110, 12, 3847, https://doi.org/10.1021/ja00220a020 . [all data]
Reents and Freiser, 1981
Reents, W.D.; Freiser, B.S., Gas-Phase Binding Energies and Spectroscopic Properties of NO+ Charge-Transfer Complexes, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1981, 103, 2791. [all data]
Farid and McMahon, 1978
Farid, R.; McMahon, T.B., Gas-Phase Ion-Molecule Reactions of Alkyl Nitrites by Ion Cyclotron Resonance Spectroscopy, Int. J. Mass Spectrom. Ion Phys., 1978, 27, 2, 163, https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-7381(78)80037-0 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Ion clustering data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
rH° Enthalpy of reaction at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.