- Formula: C8H16O
- Molecular weight: 128.2120
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: LGYNIFWIKSEESD-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 123-05-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: «alpha»-Ethylcaproaldehyde; Butylethylacetaldehyde; Ethylbutylacetaldehyde; 2-Ethylhexaldehyde; 2-Ethylhexanal; 2-Ethylhexylaldehyde; 3-Formylheptane; 2-Ethylcaproaldehyde; «alpha»-Ethylhexanal; 2-Ethylhexan-1-al; NSC 42871
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Kenneth Kroenlein director
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
|Tboil||433.15||K||N/A||Komarewsky and Kritchevsky, 1943||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 2. K; TRC|
|Tboil||434.65||K||N/A||Powell and Baldwin, 1936||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 3. K; TRC|
Reduced pressure boiling point
|Tboil (K)||Pressure (bar)||Reference||Comment|
|328.2||0.017||Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., 1990||BS|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Anonymous, X., Chemicals and Plastics Physical Properties, 1968, Union Carbide Corp., product bulletin, 1968. [all data]
Komarewsky and Kritchevsky, 1943
Komarewsky, V.I.; Kritchevsky, T.H., Synthesis of Olefin Hydrocarbons by Catalytic Condensation and Dehydration of Aliphatic Aldehydes, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1943, 65, 547-8. [all data]
Powell and Baldwin, 1936
Powell, S.G.; Baldwin, M.M., The Condensation of 2-Butanone with Aldehydes of the Type RR'CHCHO, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1936, 58, 1871. [all data]
Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., 1990
Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., Catalog Handbook of Fine Chemicals, Aldrich Chemical Company, Inc., Milwaukee WI, 1990, 1. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.