Sulfur trioxide anion
- Formula: O3S-
- Molecular weight: 80.064
- CAS Registry Number: 12210-38-7
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: John E. Bartmess
|fH°gas||-138.4 ± 2.3||kcal/mol||R-EA||Gleason, 1987||See also Dobrin, Boo, et al., 2000|
|fH°gas||-142.2 ± 1.8||kcal/mol||TDEq||Rudny, Sidorov, et al., 1985||EA is calculated at 298 K.; value altered from reference due to conversion from electron convention to ion convention|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Gleason, J.F., as cited in 95MIL/VIG, Ph.D. dissertation, Univ. of Colorado,, 1987. [all data]
Dobrin, Boo, et al., 2000
Dobrin, S.; Boo, B.H.; Alconcel, L.S.; Continetti, R.E., Photoelectron spectroscopy of SO3- at 355 and 266 nm, J. Phys. Chem. A, 2000, 104, 46, 10695-10700, https://doi.org/10.1021/jp0025680 . [all data]
Rudny, Sidorov, et al., 1985
Rudny, E.B.; Sidorov, L.N.; Voyk, O.M., Heterolytic Dissociation of Potassium Sulfate in the Gas Phase and Heats of Formation for Trioxosulfate(1-), Tetraoxosulfate(1-), and Potassium Sulfate(KSO4-) Ions, High Temp., 1985, 23, 238. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.