- Formula: C8H6Cl2
- Molecular weight: 173.039
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: IZMZREOTRMMCCB-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 1123-84-8
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Styrene, 2,5-dichloro-; Benzene, 1,4-dichoro-2-ethenyl-; 2,5-Dichlorostyrene
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|fH°liquid||8.3 ± 0.4||kcal/mol||Ccb||Sinke and Stull, 1958|
|cH°liquid||-977.13||kcal/mol||Ccb||Sinke and Stull, 1958|
Phase change data
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), References, Notes
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
Reduced pressure boiling point
|Tboil (K)||Pressure (atm)||Reference||Comment|
|345.7||0.003||Weast and Grasselli, 1989||BS|
Enthalpy of vaporization
|vapH (kcal/mol)||Temperature (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|13.0||343.||A||Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987||Based on data from 328. - 500. K. See also Stull, 1947 and Dykyj and Vanko, 1970.; AC|
Antoine Equation Parameters
log10(P) = A − (B / (T + C))
P = vapor pressure (atm)
T = temperature (K)
|328.7 - 500.||4.81453||2210.206||-41.345||Stull, 1947||Coefficents calculated by NIST from author's data.|
Mass spectrum (electron ionization)
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Phase change data, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
Select a region with data to zoom. Select a region with no data or click the mouse on the plot to revert to the orginal display.
The following components were used in generating the plot:
- jQuery UI
- Plugins for Flot:
Use or mention of technologies or programs in this web site is not intended to imply recommendation or endorsement by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, nor is it intended to imply that these items are necessarily the best available for the purpose.
View image of digitized spectrum (can be printed in landscape orientation).
Download spectrum in JCAMP-DX format.
|Owner||NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center|
Collection (C) 2014 copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce
on behalf of the United States of America. All rights reserved.
|NIST MS number||6870|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Phase change data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), Notes
Sinke and Stull, 1958
Sinke, G.C.; Stull, D.R., Heats of combustion of some organic compounds containing chlorine, J. Phys. Chem., 1958, 62, 397-401. [all data]
Weast and Grasselli, 1989
CRC Handbook of Data on Organic Compounds, 2nd Editon, Weast,R.C and Grasselli, J.G., ed(s)., CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, 1989, 1. [all data]
Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987
Stephenson, Richard M.; Malanowski, Stanislaw, Handbook of the Thermodynamics of Organic Compounds, 1987, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-009-3173-2 . [all data]
Stull, Daniel R., Vapor Pressure of Pure Substances. Organic and Inorganic Compounds, Ind. Eng. Chem., 1947, 39, 4, 517-540, https://doi.org/10.1021/ie50448a022 . [all data]
Dykyj and Vanko, 1970
Dykyj, J.; Vanko, A., Petrochemica, 1970, 10, 1, 3. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Phase change data, Mass spectrum (electron ionization), References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point cH°liquid Enthalpy of combustion of liquid at standard conditions fH°liquid Enthalpy of formation of liquid at standard conditions vapH Enthalpy of vaporization
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.