Acetic acid, decyl ester
- Formula: C12H24O2
- Molecular weight: 200.3178
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: NUPSHWCALHZGOV-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 112-17-4
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: n-Decyl acetate; Acetate C 10; Decyl acetate; 1-Decanol acetate; n-Decyl ethanoate; Decyl ester of acetic acid; Acetic acid, n-decyl ester; Decanol acetate; Decyl alcohol, acetate
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Kovats' RI, polar column, isothermal
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Active phase||Carbowax 20M||Carbowax 20M||OV-351||OV-351||OV-351|
|Column length (m)||25.||25.||25.|
|Column diameter (mm)||0.32||0.32||0.32|
|Phase thickness (m)||0.45||0.08|
|Reference||Tudor, Moldovan, et al., 1999||Tudor, Moldovan, et al., 1999||Haken and Korhonen, 1986||Haken and Korhonen, 1986||Haken and Korhonen, 1986|
|Active phase||OV-351||Carbowax 20M|
|Column length (m)||25.||2.|
|Column diameter (mm)||0.32|
|Phase thickness (m)|
|Reference||Haken and Korhonen, 1986||Zarazir, Chovin, et al., 1970|
Go To: Top, Kovats' RI, polar column, isothermal, Notes
Tudor, Moldovan, et al., 1999
Tudor, E.; Moldovan, D.; Zârna, N., Temperature dependence of the retention index for perfumery compounds on two carbowax-20M glass capillary columns with different film thickness. 2, Rev. Roum. Chim., 1999, 44, 7, 665-675. [all data]
Haken and Korhonen, 1986
Haken, J.K.; Korhonen, I.O.O., Gas chromatography of homologous esters. XXXII. Capillary chromatography of C1-C18 monochlorinated n-alkyl acetates, J. Chromatogr., 1986, 356, 79-94, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(00)91468-7 . [all data]
Zarazir, Chovin, et al., 1970
Zarazir, D.; Chovin, P.; Guiochon, G., Identification of hydroxylic compounds and their derivatives by gas chromatography, Chromatographia, 1970, 3, 4, 180-195, https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02269018 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Kovats' RI, polar column, isothermal, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.