- Formula: C7H10O
- Molecular weight: 110.1537
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: UZLQSPYGTUMKGS-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 1121-05-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file
- Other names: 2,3-dimethyl-2-cyclopentenone; 2,3-Dimethylcyclopent-2-en-1-one; Cyclopent-2-en-1-one, 2,3-dimethyl; 2,3-Dimethyl-2-cyclopenten-1-one
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Van Den Dool and Kratz RI, polar column, temperature ramp
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Active phase||CP-Wax 52CB||CP-Wax 52CB||CP-Wax 52CB||DB-Wax||CP-WAX 57CB|
|Column length (m)||50.||50.||50.||60.||50.|
|Column diameter (mm)||0.32||0.32||0.32||0.25||0.24|
|Phase thickness (m)||0.25|
|Heat rate (K/min)||4.||4.||4.||2.||2.|
|Initial hold (min)||5.||5.||5.||4.||5.|
|Final hold (min)||30.||30.||30.||30.|
|Reference||Chevance and Farmer, 1999||Chevance and Farmer, 1999, 2||Chevance and Farmer, 1999, 2||Shiratsuchi, Shimoda, et al., 1993||Baltes and Mevissen, 1988|
Go To: Top, Van Den Dool and Kratz RI, polar column, temperature ramp, Notes
Chevance and Farmer, 1999
Chevance, F.F.V.; Farmer, L.J., Identification of major volatile odor compounds in frankfurters, J. Agric. Food Chem., 1999, 47, 12, 5151-5160, https://doi.org/10.1021/jf990515d . [all data]
Chevance and Farmer, 1999, 2
Chevance, F.F.V.; Farmer, L.J., Release of volatile odor compounds from full-fat and reduced-fat frankfurters, J. Agric. Food Chem., 1999, 47, 12, 5161-5168, https://doi.org/10.1021/jf9905166 . [all data]
Shiratsuchi, Shimoda, et al., 1993
Shiratsuchi, H.; Shimoda, M.; Minegishi, Y.; Osajima, Y., Isolation and identification of volatile flavor compounds in nonfermented coarse-cut sausage. Flavor as a quality factor of nonfermented sausage. 1, J. Agric. Food Chem., 1993, 41, 4, 647-652, https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00028a027 . [all data]
Baltes and Mevissen, 1988
Baltes, W.; Mevissen, L., Model reactions on roast aroma formation. VI. Volatile reaction products from the reaction of phenylalanine with glucose during cooking and roasting, Z. Lebensm. Unters. Forsch., 1988, 187, 3, 209-214, https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01043341 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Van Den Dool and Kratz RI, polar column, temperature ramp, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tend Final temperature Tstart Initial temperature
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.