- Formula: C6H14S
- Molecular weight: 118.240
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: ZERULLAPCVRMCO-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 111-47-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Propane, 1,1'-thiobis-; Dipropyl sulfide; Dipropyl thioether; Propyl monosulfide; 4-Thiaheptane; 1,1'-Thiobispropane; Dipropyl sulphide; (n-C3H7)2S; n-Propyl sulfide; di-n-Propyl sulfide; Di-n-propyl thioether; NSC 78429; Sulfide, n-propyl-
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions (nominally 298.15 K, 1 atm.)
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
|44.23||N/A||Majer and Svoboda, 1985|
|44.2||N/A||Shimizu, Saito, et al., 1981||AC|
|44.7 ± 0.8||GC||Mackle and McClean, 1964||AC|
|44.60||V||McCullough, Finke, et al., 1961||ALS|
Go To: Top, Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions (nominally 298.15 K, 1 atm.), Notes
Majer and Svoboda, 1985
Majer, V.; Svoboda, V., Enthalpies of Vaporization of Organic Compounds: A Critical Review and Data Compilation, Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford, 1985, 300. [all data]
Shimizu, Saito, et al., 1981
Shimizu, M.; Saito, Y.; Kusano, K., , Preprints 17th Conf. Chem. Thermodyn. Thermal Anal., Japan, 1981, 50. [all data]
Reid, Robert C., Handbook on vapor pressure and heats of vaporization of hydrocarbons and related compounds, R. C. Wilhort and B. J. Zwolinski, Texas A Research Foundation. College Station, Texas(1971). 329 pages.$10.00, AIChE J., 1972, 18, 6, 1278-1278, https://doi.org/10.1002/aic.690180637 . [all data]
Mackle and McClean, 1964
Mackle, H.; McClean, R.T.B., Measurement of vaporization heats by the method of gas-liquid chromatography. Part 2, Trans. Faraday Soc., 1964, 60, 817, https://doi.org/10.1039/tf9646000817 . [all data]
McCullough, Finke, et al., 1961
McCullough, J.P.; Finke, H.L.; Hubbard, W.N.; Todd, S.S.; Messerly, J.F.; Douslin, D.R.; Waddington, G., Thermodynamic properties of four linear thiaalkanes, J. Phys. Chem., 1961, 65, 784-791. [all data]
Go To: Top, Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions (nominally 298.15 K, 1 atm.), References
- Symbols used in this document:
vapH° Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.