Hexadecanoic acid, butyl ester
- Formula: C20H40O2
- Molecular weight: 312.5304
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: GLYJVQDYLFAUFC-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 111-06-8
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Palmitic acid, butyl ester; n-Butyl hexadecanoate; n-Butyl palmitate; Butyl palmitate; Butyl ester of hexadecanoic acid; Butyl hexadecanoate
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Kovats' RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Column length (m)||1.5|
|Substrate||Chromosorb G HP (80-100 mesh)|
|Column diameter (mm)|
|Phase thickness (m)|
|Reference||Ramsey, Lee, et al., 1980|
Go To: Top, Kovats' RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program, Notes
Ramsey, Lee, et al., 1980
Ramsey, J.D.; Lee, T.D.; Osselton, M.D.; Moffat, A.C., Gas-liquid chromatographic retention indices of 296 non-drug substances on SE-30 or OV-1 likely to be encountered in toxicological analyses, J. Chromatogr., 1980, 184, 2, 185-206, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(00)85641-1 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Kovats' RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.