- Formula: C17H34O2
- Molecular weight: 270.4507
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: AXISYYRBXTVTFY-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 110-27-0
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Tetradecanoic acid, 1-methylethyl ester; Myristic acid, isopropyl ester; Bisomel; Crodamol I.P.M.; Crodamol IPM; Deltyl Extra; Emcol-IM; Isomyst; Isopropyl tetradecanoate; Kessco IPM; Kesscomir; Promyr; Sinnoester MIP; Stepan D-50; Wickenol 101; Emerest 2314; Estergel; Ja-fa IPM; Kessco isopropyl myristate; Plymoutm IPM; Starfol IPM; Tegester; Tetradecanoic acid, isopropyl; Tetradecanoic acid, isopropyl ester; Unimate IPM; 1-Tridecanecarboxylic acid, isopropyl ester; D 50; 1-Methylethyl tetradecanoate; IPM; Lexol IPM; Liponate IPM; Radia 7190; Tegosoft M; iso-Propyl N-tetradecanoate; Methylethyl tetradecanoate; Tetradecanoic acid methyethyl ester; NSC 406280; component of Sardo Bath Oil; 1405-98-7
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
Reduced pressure boiling point
|Tboil (K)||Pressure (bar)||Reference||Comment|
|465.8||0.027||Weast and Grasselli, 1989||BS|
Enthalpy of vaporization
|vapH (kJ/mol)||Temperature (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|70.2||428.||A||Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987||Based on data from 413. - 466. K. See also Bonhorst, Althouse, et al., 1948 and Boublik, Fried, et al., 1984.; AC|
Antoine Equation Parameters
log10(P) = A − (B / (T + C))
P = vapor pressure (bar)
T = temperature (K)
|413.4 - 465.8||5.81374||3259.561||-24.681||Bonhorst, Althouse, et al., 1948||Coefficents calculated by NIST from author's data.|
|420. - 473.4||6.82865||4202.276||26.768||Bonhorst, Althouse, et al., 1948||Coefficents calculated by NIST from author's data.|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Weast and Grasselli, 1989
CRC Handbook of Data on Organic Compounds, 2nd Editon, Weast,R.C and Grasselli, J.G., ed(s)., CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, 1989, 1. [all data]
Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987
Stephenson, Richard M.; Malanowski, Stanislaw, Handbook of the Thermodynamics of Organic Compounds, 1987, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-009-3173-2 . [all data]
Bonhorst, Althouse, et al., 1948
Bonhorst, Carl W.; Althouse, Paul M.; Triebold, Howard O., Esters of Naturally Occurring Fatty Acids - Physical Properties of Methyl, Propyl, and Isopropyl Esters of C 6 to C 18 Saturated Fatty Acids, Ind. Eng. Chem., 1948, 40, 12, 2379-2384, https://doi.org/10.1021/ie50468a031 . [all data]
Boublik, Fried, et al., 1984
Boublik, T.; Fried, V.; Hala, E., The Vapour Pressures of Pure Substances: Selected Values of the Temperature Dependence of the Vapour Pressures of Some Pure Substances in the Normal and Low Pressure Region, 2nd ed., Elsevier, New York, 1984, 972. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point vapH Enthalpy of vaporization
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.