- Formula: C4H4S
- Molecular weight: 84.140
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: YTPLMLYBLZKORZ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 110-02-1
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Thiacyclopentadiene; CP 34; Furan, thio-; Huile HSO; Huile H50; Thiaphene; Thiofuram; Thiofuran; Thiofurfuran; Thiole; Thiophen; Thiotetrole; Divinylene sulfide; USAF EK-1860; Thiofen; UN 2414; Hopkin's lactic acid reagent; NSC 405073
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, "lite" edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
- NIST / TRC Web Thermo Tables, professional edition (thermophysical and thermochemical data)
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Normal boiling point
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Kenneth Kroenlein director
|357.4||Weast and Grasselli, 1989||BS|
|357.26||Aquirre-Ode and Koo, 1988||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.2 K; TRC|
|357.3||Majer and Svoboda, 1985|
|357.35||Timmermans and Hennaut-Roland, 1959||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.1 K; TRC|
|356.8||Holland and Smyth, 1955||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.5 K; TRC|
|357.9||Lecat, 1947||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.5 K; TRC|
|357.15||Perkin, 1896||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.5 K; TRC|
Go To: Top, Normal boiling point, Notes
Weast and Grasselli, 1989
CRC Handbook of Data on Organic Compounds, 2nd Editon, Weast,R.C and Grasselli, J.G., ed(s)., CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, 1989, 1. [all data]
Aquirre-Ode and Koo, 1988
Aquirre-Ode, F.; Koo, J., Activity Coefficients in Thiophene-Butanol Systems Near the Freezing Point of Thiophene, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 1988, 33, 310. [all data]
Majer and Svoboda, 1985
Majer, V.; Svoboda, V., Enthalpies of Vaporization of Organic Compounds: A Critical Review and Data Compilation, Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford, 1985, 300. [all data]
Timmermans and Hennaut-Roland, 1959
Timmermans, J.; Hennaut-Roland, M., Work of the International Bureau of Physico-Chemical Properties physical constants of twenty organic compounds, J. Chim. Phys. Phys.-Chim. Biol., 1959, 56, 984-1023. [all data]
Holland and Smyth, 1955
Holland, R.S.; Smyth, C.P., Microwave Adsorption and Molecular Structure in Liquids X. The Relaxation Times of Nine Heterocyclic Molecules, J. Phys. Chem., 1955, 59, 1088. [all data]
Lecat, M., Orthobaric Azeotropes of Sulfides, Bull. Cl. Sci., Acad. R. Belg., 1947, 33, 160-82. [all data]
Perkin, W.H., LXIX. On Magnetic Rotatory Power, especially of Aromatic Compounds, J. Chem. Soc., 1896, 69, 1025-1257. [all data]
Go To: Top, Normal boiling point, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.