- Formula: C5H10O2
- Molecular weight: 102.1317
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: YKYONYBAUNKHLG-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 109-60-4
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Acetic acid, propyl ester; Propyl acetate; 1-Acetoxypropane; 1-Propyl acetate; CH3COOCH2CH2CH3; Acetic acid n-propyl ester; n-Propyl ethanoate; Acetate de propyle normal; Octan propylu; Propyl ethanoate; Propylester kyseliny octove; UN 1276; Propyl ester of acetic acid; NSC 72025; n-Propanol acetate
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Glushko Thermocenter, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow
Constant pressure heat capacity of gas
|Cp,gas (J/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|153.64||375.||Connett J.E., 1976||Other experimental heat capacity values at 373.80, 385.20, 392.39, 403.07, and 413.01 K are 156.98, 160.33, 162.46, 165.52, and 168.70 J/mol*K, respectively [ von Geiseler G., 1973].|
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid
|Cp,liquid (J/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
|196.07||298.15||Jimenez, Romani, et al., 1986|
|194.1||298.||von Reis, 1881||T = 292 to 382 K.|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Connett J.E., 1976
Connett J.E., Thermodynamic properties of organic oxygen compounds. XLIV. Vapor heat capacities and enthalpies of vaporization of methyl acetate, ethyl acetate, and propyl acetate, J. Chem. Thermodyn., 1976, 8, 1199-1203. [all data]
von Geiseler G., 1973
von Geiseler G., The heat capacity and the heat of vaporization of isomeric butylmethylketones and propylacetates, Z. Phys. Chem. (Leipzig), 1973, 252, 170-176. [all data]
Jimenez, Romani, et al., 1986
Jimenez, E.; Romani, L.; Paz Andrade, M.I.; Roux-Desgranges, G.; Grolier, J.-P.E., Molar excess heat capacities and volumes for mixtures of alkanoates with cyclohexane at 25°C, J. Solution Chem., 1986, 15(11), 879-890. [all data]
von Reis, 1881
von Reis, M.A., Die specifische Wärme flüssiger organischer Verbindungen und ihre Beziehung zu deren Moleculargewicht, Ann. Physik , 1881, 13, 447-464. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,gas Constant pressure heat capacity of gas Cp,liquid Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.