- Formula: C4H6O3
- Molecular weight: 102.0886
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: WFDIJRYMOXRFFG-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 108-24-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Acetic acid, anhydride; Acetic oxide; Acetyl anhydride; Acetyl ether; Acetyl oxide; Ethanoic anhydride; (CH3CO)2O; Ethanoic anhydrate; Acetanhydride; Anhydride acetique; Anhydrid kyseliny octove; Anidride acetica; Azijnzuuranhydride; Essigsaeureanhydrid; Octowy bezwodnik; UN 1715; Acetyl acetate; Acetic acid, 1,1'-anhydride
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Condensed phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
ALS - Hussein Y. Afeefy, Joel F. Liebman, and Stephen E. Stein
DH - Eugene S. Domalski and Elizabeth D. Hearing
|fH°liquid||-149.39 ± 0.81||kcal/mol||Cm||Guthrie, 1974||Reanalyzed by Pedley, Naylor, et al., 1986, Original value = -150.2 ± 0.80 kcal/mol; Heat of hydrolysis[kcal/mol]=-40.6±0.80; ALS|
Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid
|Cp,liquid (cal/mol*K)||Temperature (K)||Reference||Comment|
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Guthrie, J.P., Hydration of carboxamides. Evaluation of the free energy change for addition of water to acetamide and formamide derivatives, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1974, 96, 3608-3615. [all data]
Pedley, Naylor, et al., 1986
Pedley, J.B.; Naylor, R.D.; Kirby, S.P., Thermochemical Data of Organic Compounds, Chapman and Hall, New York, 1986, 1-792. [all data]
Phillip, N.M., Adiabatic and isothermal compressibilities of liquids, Proc. Indian Acad. Sci., 1939, A9, 109-120. [all data]
Go To: Top, Condensed phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Cp,liquid Constant pressure heat capacity of liquid fH°liquid Enthalpy of formation of liquid at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.