Methyl Isobutyl Ketone
- Formula: C6H12O
- Molecular weight: 100.1589
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: NTIZESTWPVYFNL-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 108-10-1
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 2-Pentanone, 4-methyl-; Hexone; Isobutyl methyl ketone; Isopropylacetone; MIBK; MIK; 2-Methyl-4-pentanone; 2-Methylpropyl methyl ketone; 4-Methyl-2-oxopentane; 4-Methyl-2-pentanone; iso-C4H9COCH3; 4-Methylpentan-2-one; Hexon; Isobutyl-methylketon; Ketone, isobutyl methyl; Methyl-isobutyl-cetone; Methylisobutylketon; Metilisobutilchetone; Metyloizobutyloketon; 4-Methyl-pentan-2-on; 4-Methyl-2-pentanon; 4-Metilpentan-2-one; Rcra waste number U161; Shell MIBK; UN 1245; ethyl iso-butyl ketone; 2-Methyl-4-pentanal; Methyl-2-pentanon,4-; Methyl i-butyl ketone; NSC 5712; 4-methyl-2-pentanone (MIBK; methyl isobutyl ketone)
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Normal alkane RI, non-polar column, isothermal
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Active phase||OV-1||Apieson L||DC-400|
|Column length (m)||3.0|
|Carrier gas||not specified||Helium|
|Substrate||not specified||Gas-Pak (60-80 mesh)|
|Column diameter (mm)|
|Phase thickness (m)|
|Reference||Amboni, Junkes, et al., 2002||Kurdina, Markovich, et al., 1969||Anderson, 1968|
Go To: Top, Normal alkane RI, non-polar column, isothermal, Notes
Amboni, Junkes, et al., 2002
Amboni, R.D.DeM.C.; Junkes, B. daS.; Yunes, R.A.; Heinzen, V.E.F., Quantitative structure-property relationships study of chromatographic retention indices and normal boiling points for oxo compounds using the semi-empirical topological method, J. Mol. Struct. (Theochem), 2002, 586, 1-3, 71-80, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0166-1280(02)00062-3 . [all data]
Kurdina, Markovich, et al., 1969
Kurdina, Z.G.; Markovich, V.E.; Sakharov, V.M., Gas chromatography of cyclic O-containing compounds in Gas chromatography, Issue # 10, NIITEKhim, Moscow, 1969, 128-133. [all data]
Anderson, D.G., USe of Kovats retention indices and response factors for the qualitative and quantitative analysis of coating solvents, J. Paint Technol., 1968, 40, 527, 549-557. [all data]
Go To: Top, Normal alkane RI, non-polar column, isothermal, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.