- Formula: C6D6
- Molecular weight: 84.1488
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: UHOVQNZJYSORNB-MZWXYZOWSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 1076-43-3
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Perdeuterobenzene; D6-Benzene; (2H6)benzene
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: Henry M. Rosenstock, Keith Draxl, Bruce W. Steiner, and John T. Herron
View reactions leading to C6D6+ (ion structure unspecified)
Ionization energy determinations
|9.25 ± 0.01||PI||Dibeler and Reese, 1964|
|9.251||S||El-Sayed, Kaaba, et al., 1961|
|9.251 ± 0.002||S||Wilkinson, 1956|
|9.246 ± 0.005||S||Price and Wood, 1935|
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Notes
Dibeler and Reese, 1964
Dibeler, V.H.; Reese, R.M., Mass spectrometric study of photoionization. I. Apparatus and initial observations on acetylene, acetylene-d2, benzene, and benzene-d6, J. Res. NBS, 1964, 68A, 409. [all data]
El-Sayed, Kaaba, et al., 1961
El-Sayed, M.F.A.; Kaaba, M.; Tanaka, Y., Ionization potentials of benzene, hexadeuterobenzene, and pyridine from their observed Rydberg series in the region 600-2000 A, J. Chem. Phys., 1961, 34, 334. [all data]
Wilkinson, P.G., Absorption spectra and ionization potentials of benzene and benzene-d6, J. Chem. Phys., 1956, 24, 917. [all data]
Price and Wood, 1935
Price, W.C.; Wood, R.W., The far ultraviolet absorption spectra and ionization potentials of C6H6 and C6D6, J. Chem. Phys., 1935, 3, 439. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.