- Formula: C3H4O
- Molecular weight: 56.0633
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: TVDSBUOJIPERQY-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 107-19-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 2-Propyn-1-ol; Ethynyl carbinol; Propynyl alcohol; 1-Hydroxy-2-propyne; 1-Propyn-3-ol; 2-Propynol; 2-Propynyl alcohol; 3-Hydroxy-1-propyne; 1-Propyne-3-ol; 3-Propynol; prop-2-yn-1-ol; Methanol, ethynyl-; Rcra waste number P102; HC«equiv»CCH2OH; 1-Propyn-3-yl alcohol; NSC 8804; 2-propyn-1-ol (propargyl alcohol)
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Gas phase ion energetics data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data evaluated as indicated in comments:
L - Sharon G. Lias
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
LBLHLM - Sharon G. Lias, John E. Bartmess, Joel F. Liebman, John L. Holmes, Rhoda D. Levin, and W. Gary Mallard
LLK - Sharon G. Lias, Rhoda D. Levin, and Sherif A. Kafafi
View reactions leading to C3H4O+ (ion structure unspecified)
Ionization energy determinations
|10.51||PE||Koppel, Molder, et al., 1983||LBLHLM|
|10.5||PE||Von Niessen, Bieri, et al., 1980||LLK|
|10.45||PE||Andreocci, Bitchev, et al., 1979||Vertical value; LLK|
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, Notes
Koppel, Molder, et al., 1983
Koppel, I.A.; Molder, U.H.; Pikver, R.J., Photoelectron spectra of molecules. I. Alcohols, Org. React. Tartu, 1983, 20, 45. [all data]
Von Niessen, Bieri, et al., 1980
Von Niessen, W.; Bieri, G.; Asbrink, L., 30.4 nm He(II) photoelectron spectra of organic molecules. Part III. Oxo-compounds (C,H,O), J. Electron Spectrosc. Relat. Phenom., 1980, 21, 175. [all data]
Andreocci, Bitchev, et al., 1979
Andreocci, M.V.; Bitchev, P.; Carusi, P.; Furlani, A., Valence shell photoionization spectra of some substituted hydroxy-acetylenes. A tentative correlation with their cyclotrimerization reactions, J. Electron Spectrosc. Relat. Phenom., 1979, 16, 25. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase ion energetics data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
IE (evaluated) Recommended ionization energy
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.