- Formula: C10H18O
- Molecular weight: 154.2493
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: NEHNMFOYXAPHSD-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 106-23-0
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: 6-Octenal, 3,7-dimethyl-; «beta»-Citronellal; Rhodinal; 3,7-Dimethyl-6-octenal; Citronellel; 2,3-Dihydrocitral; NSC 46106; Citronella; Citronelal
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Kovats' RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Column length (m)||30.||30.||30.||30.|
|Column diameter (mm)||0.32||0.25||0.25||0.26|
|Phase thickness (m)||0.25||0.25||0.25|
|Program||60C => 5.5C/min => 220C => 3.5C/min => 245C||not specified||not specified||not specified|
|Reference||Rao, Kaul, et al., 2003||Shellie and Marriott, 2003||Rao, Rout, et al., 2000||Adams, 1998|
Go To: Top, Kovats' RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program, Notes
Rao, Kaul, et al., 2003
Rao, B.R.R.; Kaul, P.N.; Syamasundar, K.V.; Ramesh, S., Comparative composition of decanted and recovered essential oils of Eucalyptus citriodora Hook, Flavour Fragr. J., 2003, 18, 2, 133-135, https://doi.org/10.1002/ffj.1157 . [all data]
Shellie and Marriott, 2003
Shellie, R.A.; Marriott, P.J., Comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography-mass spectrometry analysis of Pelargonium graveolens essential oil using rapid scanning quadrupole mass spectrometry, Analyst, 2003, 128, 7, 879-883, https://doi.org/10.1039/b304371a . [all data]
Rao, Rout, et al., 2000
Rao, Y.R.; Rout, P.K.; Jena, K.S.; Sahu, S.B., Composition of essential oil of citronella (Cymbopogon winterianus jowitt) grown in coastal Orissa, Fafai J., 2000, 2, 4, 29-31. [all data]
Adams, R.P., The essential oils and chemotaxonomy of Juniperus sect. Juniperus, Biochem. Syst. Ecol., 1998, 26, 6, 637-645, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0305-1978(98)00020-9 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Kovats' RI, non-polar column, custom temperature program, References
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.