- Formula: C6H14O2
- Molecular weight: 118.1742
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: DHKHKXVYLBGOIT-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 105-57-7
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Acetaldehyde, diethyl acetal; Acetal; Diethyl acetal; Ethylidene diethyl ether; 1,1-Diethoxyethane; CH3CH(OC2H5)2; Acetal diethylique; Diaethylacetal; 1,1-Diaethoxy-aethan; 1,1-Diethoxy-ethaan; 1,1-Dietossietano; Acetale; Acetol; UN 1088; USAF DO-45; Capsicum annuum l; Ethylidine diethyl ether; Diethoxy-1,1-ethane; NSC 7624; Ethanal diethyl acetal; acetal (acetaldehyde diethyl acetal)
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Normal boiling point
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Chris Muzny, director
|375.2||Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., 1990||BS|
|376.4||Weast and Grasselli, 1989||BS|
|376.||American Tokyo Kasei, 1988||BS|
|376.||Pihlaja and Heikkila, 1968||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 2. K; TRC|
|355.75||Timmermans, 1927||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.5 K; source of data not clear; TRC|
|376.70||Lecat, 1926||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.5 K; TRC|
|375.35||Kahlbaum, 1884||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 1.5 K; TRC|
|376.4||Schiff, 1884||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 1.5 K; TRC|
Go To: Top, Normal boiling point, Notes
Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., 1990
Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., Catalog Handbook of Fine Chemicals, Aldrich Chemical Company, Inc., Milwaukee WI, 1990, 1. [all data]
Weast and Grasselli, 1989
CRC Handbook of Data on Organic Compounds, 2nd Editon, Weast,R.C and Grasselli, J.G., ed(s)., CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, 1989, 1. [all data]
American Tokyo Kasei, 1988
American Tokyo Kasei, TCI American Organic Chemical 88/89 Catalog, American Tokyo Kasei, Portland, OR, 1988, 1610. [all data]
Pihlaja and Heikkila, 1968
Pihlaja, K.; Heikkila, J., Heat of Combustion of Diethyl Ether and 1,1-Diethoxyethane, Acta Chem. Scand., 1968, 22, 2731. [all data]
Timmermans, J., The Melting Point of Organic Substances, Bull. Soc. Chim. Belg., 1927, 36, 502. [all data]
Lecat, M., New binary azeotropes second list, Recl. Trav. Chim. Pays-Bas, 1926, 45, 620-627. [all data]
Kahlbaum, G.W.A., The dependence of Boiling Temperature on Air Pressure, Ber. Dtsch. Chem. Ges., 1884, 17, 1245. [all data]
Schiff, R., The Capillary Constants of Liquids at Their Boiling Point, Justus Liebigs Ann. Chem., 1884, 223, 47-106. [all data]
Go To: Top, Normal boiling point, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.