- Formula: C8H10O
- Molecular weight: 122.1644
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: CHLICZRVGGXEOD-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 104-93-8
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Anisole, p-methyl-; p-Cresol methyl ether; p-Methoxytoluene; p-Methylanisole; p-Tolyl methyl ether; Methyl p-tolyl ether; 1-Methoxy-4-methylbenzene; 4-Methoxytoluene; 4-Methylanisole; p-Cresyl methyl ether; Methyl p-cresyl ether; Methyl 4-methylphenyl ether; 1-Methyl-4-methoxybenzene; 4-Methyl-1-methoxybenzene; 4-Methylphenol methyl ether; Methyl p-methylphenyl ether; 4-Methylmethoxybenzene; para-Methyl anisol; para-Methyl anisole; p-Methylanisol; NSC 6254; 4-Methylanisol
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Kenneth Kroenlein director
|Tboil||447.2||K||N/A||Weast and Grasselli, 1989||BS|
|Tboil||450.9||K||N/A||Ogimachi, Andrews, et al., 1955||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 3. K; TRC|
|Tboil||449.9||K||N/A||Olson, Hipsher, et al., 1947||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.5 K; TRC|
|Tboil||449.7||K||N/A||Boord, Greenlee, et al., 1945||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.2 K; TRC|
|Tboil||443.75||K||N/A||Perkin, 1896||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.5 K; TRC|
|Tfus||241.10||K||N/A||Olson, Hipsher, et al., 1947||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.3 K; TRC|
|Tfus||241.96||K||N/A||Boord, Greenlee, et al., 1945||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.3 K; TRC|
|Tc||666.||K||N/A||Young, 1994||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 1. K; TRC|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Weast and Grasselli, 1989
CRC Handbook of Data on Organic Compounds, 2nd Editon, Weast,R.C and Grasselli, J.G., ed(s)., CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, 1989, 1. [all data]
Ogimachi, Andrews, et al., 1955
Ogimachi, N.N.; Andrews, L.J.; Keefer, R.M., The Free Energies and Heats of Formation of Polyalkoxybenzene-Iodine Monochloride Complexes, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1955, 77, 4202. [all data]
Olson, Hipsher, et al., 1947
Olson, W.T.; Hipsher, H.F.; Buess, C.M.; Goodman, I.A.; Hart, I.; Lamneck, J.H.; Gibbons, L.C., The Synthesis and Purification of Ethers, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1947, 69, 2451-4. [all data]
Boord, Greenlee, et al., 1945
Boord, C.E.; Greenlee, K.W.; Perilstein, W.L., , Am. Pet. Inst. Res. Proj. 45, Seventh Annu. Rep., Ohio State Univ., June 30, 1945. [all data]
Perkin, W.H., LXIX. On Magnetic Rotatory Power, especially of Aromatic Compounds, J. Chem. Soc., 1896, 69, 1025-1257. [all data]
Young, C.L., Personal Commun. 1994 1994, 1994. [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point Tc Critical temperature Tfus Fusion (melting) point
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.