- Formula: C8H10O
- Molecular weight: 122.1644
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: CHLICZRVGGXEOD-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 104-93-8
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Anisole, p-methyl-; p-Cresol methyl ether; p-Methoxytoluene; p-Methylanisole; p-Tolyl methyl ether; Methyl p-tolyl ether; 1-Methoxy-4-methylbenzene; 4-Methoxytoluene; 4-Methylanisole; p-Cresyl methyl ether; Methyl p-cresyl ether; Methyl 4-methylphenyl ether; 1-Methyl-4-methoxybenzene; 4-Methyl-1-methoxybenzene; 4-Methylphenol methyl ether; Methyl p-methylphenyl ether; 4-Methylmethoxybenzene; para-Methyl anisol; para-Methyl anisole; p-Methylanisol; NSC 6254; 4-Methylanisol
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Van Den Dool and Kratz RI, polar column, temperature ramp
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: NIST Mass Spectrometry Data Center, William E. Wallace, director
|Column length (m)||50.||60.|
|Column diameter (mm)||0.22||0.25|
|Phase thickness (m)||0.25||0.25|
|Heat rate (K/min)||2.||2.5|
|Initial hold (min)||5.|
|Final hold (min)||20.|
|Reference||Tam, Thuam, et al., 2004||Stashenko, Prada, et al., 1996|
Go To: Top, Van Den Dool and Kratz RI, polar column, temperature ramp, Notes
Tam, Thuam, et al., 2004
Tam, N.T.; Thuam, D.T.; Bighelli, A.; Castola, V.; Muselli, A.; Richomme, P.; Casanova, J., Baeckea frutescens leaf oil from Vietnam: composition and chemical variability, Flavour Fragr. J., 2004, 19, 3, 217-220, https://doi.org/10.1002/ffj.1281 . [all data]
Stashenko, Prada, et al., 1996
Stashenko, E.E.; Prada, N.Q.; Martínez, J.R., HRGC/FID/NP and HRGC/MSD study of Colombian Ylang-Ylang (Cananga odorata) oils obtained by different extraction techniques, J. Hi. Res. Chromatogr., 1996, 19, 6, 353-358, https://doi.org/10.1002/jhrc.1240190609 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Van Den Dool and Kratz RI, polar column, temperature ramp, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tend Final temperature Tstart Initial temperature
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.