- Formula: C9H8O
- Molecular weight: 132.1592
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: KJPRLNWUNMBNBZ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 104-55-2
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Cinnamaldehyde; Acrolein, 3-phenyl-; Benzylideneacetaldehyde; Cassia aldehyde; Cinnamal; Cinnamic aldehyde; Cinnamylaldehyde; Phenylacrolein; 3-Phenyl-2-propenal; 3-Phenyl-2-propenaldehyde; 3-Phenylacrolein; 3-Phenylpropenal; NCI-C56111; Zimtaldehyde; Aldehyd skoricovy; 3-Fenylpropenal; 3-Phenylacrylaldehyde; Abion CA; 2-Propenaldehyde, 3-phenyl-; Propenaldehyde, 3-phenyl-; 3-Phenyl-2-propen-1-al; NSC 16935; (E)-Cinnamaldehyde; cinnamaldehyde (3-phenyl-2-propenal); 3-Phenyl-2-propenal (cinnamaldehyde)
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Kenneth Kroenlein director
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|Tfus||265.7||K||N/A||Altschul and Von Schneider, 1895||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.7 K; TRC|
|vapH°||14.9||kcal/mol||GC||van Roon, Parsons, et al., 2002||AC|
Enthalpy of vaporization
|vapH (kcal/mol)||Temperature (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|12.4||444.||TGA||Hazra, Dollimore, et al., 2002||Based on data from 408. - 482. K.; AC|
|13.9||364.||A||Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987||Based on data from 349. - 519. K. See also Stull, 1947.; AC|
|17.4||363.||A||Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987||Based on data from 353. - 373. K.; AC|
Antoine Equation Parameters
log10(P) = A − (B / (T + C))
P = vapor pressure (atm)
T = temperature (K)
|349.3 - 519.||5.44497||2676.568||-27.816||Stull, 1947||Coefficents calculated by NIST from author's data.|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
Altschul and Von Schneider, 1895
Altschul, M.; Von Schneider, B., Freezing points of some organic fluids, Z. Phys. Chem., Stoechiom. Verwandtschaftsl., 1895, 16, 24. [all data]
van Roon, Parsons, et al., 2002
van Roon, André; Parsons, John R.; Govers, Harrie A.J., Gas chromatographic determination of vapour pressure and related thermodynamic properties of monoterpenes and biogenically related compounds, Journal of Chromatography A, 2002, 955, 1, 105-115, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(02)00200-5 . [all data]
Hazra, Dollimore, et al., 2002
Hazra, Anasuya; Dollimore, David; Alexander, Kenneth, Thermal analysis of the evaporation of compounds used in aromatherapy using thermogravimetry, Thermochimica Acta, 2002, 392-393, 221-229, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0040-6031(02)00104-1 . [all data]
Stephenson and Malanowski, 1987
Stephenson, Richard M.; Malanowski, Stanislaw, Handbook of the Thermodynamics of Organic Compounds, 1987, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-009-3173-2 . [all data]
Stull, Daniel R., Vapor Pressure of Pure Substances. Organic and Inorganic Compounds, Ind. Eng. Chem., 1947, 39, 4, 517-540, https://doi.org/10.1021/ie50448a022 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tfus Fusion (melting) point vapH Enthalpy of vaporization vapH° Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.