- Formula: C10H12O
- Molecular weight: 148.2017
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: RUVINXPYWBROJD-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 104-46-1
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Benzene, 1-methoxy-4-(1-propenyl)-; Anisole, p-propenyl-; p-(1-Propenyl)anisole; p-Methoxy-«beta»-methylstyrene; p-Propenylanisole; p-Propenylphenyl methyl ether; Anethol; Anise camphor; Aniskampfer; Isoestragole; Methoxy-4-propenylbenzene; Nauli "gum"; Oil of aniseed; 1-Methoxy-4-(1-propenyl)benzene; 1-Methoxy-4-propenylbenzene; 1-Propene, 1-(4-methoxyphenyl)-; 4-Methoxy-1-propenylbenzene; 4-Methoxypropenylbenzene; 4-Propenylanisole; Propene, 1-(p-methoxyphenyl)-; 1-(p-Methoxyphenyl)propene; Monasirup; Nauli gum; 4-(1-Propenyl)anisole; Benzene, 1-methoxy-4-(1-propen-1-yl)-; NSC 4018; p-Anethole
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Phase change data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Chris Muzny, director
AC - William E. Acree, Jr., James S. Chickos
|Tboil||508.||K||N/A||American Tokyo Kasei, 1988||BS|
|Tboil||506.||K||N/A||Levy and Dvoleitzska-Gombinska, 1931||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 4. K; TRC|
|Tfus||295.||K||N/A||Louguinine and Dupont, 1911||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.5 K; TRC|
|vapH°||61.9||kJ/mol||GC||van Roon, Parsons, et al., 2002||AC|
Go To: Top, Phase change data, Notes
American Tokyo Kasei, 1988
American Tokyo Kasei, TCI American Organic Chemical 88/89 Catalog, American Tokyo Kasei, Portland, OR, 1988, 1610. [all data]
Levy and Dvoleitzska-Gombinska, 1931
Levy, J.; Dvoleitzska-Gombinska, Affinity Capacities and Migration Tendencies XI. Comparison of the Affinity Capacities of Aryl and Alkyl Radicals, Bull. Soc. Chim. Fr., 1931, 49, 1765-6. [all data]
Louguinine and Dupont, 1911
Louguinine, W.; Dupont, G., The heat of fusion of substances which melt at ordinary temperatures., Bull. Soc. Chim. Fr., 1911, 9, 219-224. [all data]
van Roon, Parsons, et al., 2002
van Roon, André; Parsons, John R.; Govers, Harrie A.J., Gas chromatographic determination of vapour pressure and related thermodynamic properties of monoterpenes and biogenically related compounds, Journal of Chromatography A, 2002, 955, 1, 105-115, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(02)00200-5 . [all data]
Go To: Top, Phase change data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point Tfus Fusion (melting) point vapH° Enthalpy of vaporization at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.