- Formula: C7H9N
- Molecular weight: 107.1531
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: WGQKYBSKWIADBV-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 100-46-9
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Benzenemethanamine; «alpha»-Aminotoluene; «omega»-Aminotoluene; (Phenylmethyl)amine; Monobenzylamine; N-Benzylamine; Sumine 2005; (Aminomethyl)benzene; NSC 8046; Phenylmethanamine; 857483-23-9; 858831-93-3
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Normal boiling point
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled as indicated in comments:
BS - Robert L. Brown and Stephen E. Stein
TRC - Thermodynamics Research Center, NIST Boulder Laboratories, Kenneth Kroenlein director
|456.7||Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., 1990||BS|
|457.||American Tokyo Kasei, 1988||BS|
|458.||Buckingham and Donaghy, 1982||BS|
|358.||Winternitz and Wlotzka, 1960||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 2. K; TRC|
|458.15||Lecat, 1943||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.3 K; TRC|
|457.65||Perkin, 1896||Uncertainty assigned by TRC = 0.5 K; TRC|
Go To: Top, Normal boiling point, Notes
Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., 1990
Aldrich Chemical Company Inc., Catalog Handbook of Fine Chemicals, Aldrich Chemical Company, Inc., Milwaukee WI, 1990, 1. [all data]
American Tokyo Kasei, 1988
American Tokyo Kasei, TCI American Organic Chemical 88/89 Catalog, American Tokyo Kasei, Portland, OR, 1988, 1610. [all data]
Buckingham and Donaghy, 1982
Buckingham, J.; Donaghy, S.M., Dictionary of Organic Compounds: Fifth Edition, Chapman and Hall, New York, 1982, 1. [all data]
Winternitz and Wlotzka, 1960
Winternitz, F.; Wlotzka, Ch., Reduction of Hydroxamic Acids by Double Metallic Hydrides, Bull. Soc. Chim. Fr., 1960, 1960, 509-15. [all data]
Lecat, M., Negative and other Azeotropes, C. R. Hebd. Seances Acad. Sci., 1943, 217, 242. [all data]
Perkin, W.H., LXIX. On Magnetic Rotatory Power, especially of Aromatic Compounds, J. Chem. Soc., 1896, 69, 1025-1257. [all data]
Go To: Top, Normal boiling point, References
- Symbols used in this document:
Tboil Boiling point
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.