- Formula: N2O
- Molecular weight: 44.0128
- IUPAC Standard InChI:
- Download the identifier in a file.
- IUPAC Standard InChIKey: GQPLMRYTRLFLPF-UHFFFAOYSA-N
- CAS Registry Number: 10024-97-2
- Chemical structure:
This structure is also available as a 2d Mol file or as a computed 3d SD file
- Other names: Nitrogen oxide (N2O); Dinitrogen monoxide; Dinitrogen oxide; Laughing gas; N2O; Factitious air; Hyponitrous acid anhydride; Nitrogen oxide; UN 1070; UN 2201; Nitrogen monoxide; Nitral
- Permanent link for this species. Use this link for bookmarking this species for future reference.
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
- Data at other public NIST sites:
Data at NIST subscription sites:
NIST subscription sites provide data under the NIST Standard Reference Data Program, but require an annual fee to access. The purpose of the fee is to recover costs associated with the development of data collections included in such sites. Your institution may already be a subscriber. Follow the links above to find out more about the data in these sites and their terms of usage.
Henry's Law data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compiled by: Rolf Sander
Henry's Law constant (water solution)
kH(T) = k°H exp(d(ln(kH))/d(1/T) ((1/T) - 1/(298.15 K)))
k°H = Henry's law constant for solubility in water at 298.15 K (mol/kg*bar)
d(ln(kH))/d(1/T) = Temperature dependence constant (K)
|k°H (mol/kg*bar)||d(ln(kH))/d(1/T) (K)||Method||Reference||Comment|
|0.025||2600.||L||N/A||The parameterization given by missing citation (parameters A, B, C) doesn't fit the data in the same paper for this substance. Therefore the parameteriztaion of the solubility data (X1) was recalculated.|
|0.024||2800.||Q||N/A||Only the tabulated data between T = 273. K and T = 303. K from missing citation was used to derive kH and -«DELTA» kH/R. Above T = 303. K the tabulated data could not be parameterized by equation (reference missing) very well. The partial pressure of water vapor (needed to convert some Henry's law constants) was calculated using the formula given by missing citation. The quantities A and «alpha» from missing citation were assumed to be identical.|
|0.025||Q||N/A||Several references are given in the list of Henry's law constants but not assigned to specific species.|
|0.025||X||N/A||The value is taken from the compilation of solubilities by W. Asman (unpublished).|
Go To: Top, Henry's Law data, Notes
No reference data available.
Go To: Top, Henry's Law data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
d(ln(kH))/d(1/T) Temperature dependence parameter for Henry's Law constant k°H Henry's Law constant at 298.15K
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.