MgO radical anion
- Formula: MgO-
- Molecular weight: 40.3049
- Information on this page:
- Other data available:
Gas phase thermochemistry data
Go To: Top, References, Notes
Data compilation copyright by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the U.S.A. All rights reserved.
Data compiled by: John E. Bartmess
|fH°gas||-1.6 ± 5.0||kcal/mol||R-EA||Kim, Li, et al., 2001||see Vasiliu, Feller, et al., 2010 for support of Operti, Tews, et al., 1989 rather than Gurvich, Veyts, et al. for neutral DfH(MgO)|
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, Notes
Kim, Li, et al., 2001
Kim, J.H.; Li, X.; Wang, L.S.; de Clercq, H.L.; Fancher, C.A.; Thomas, O.C.; Bowen, K.H., Vibrationally resolved photoelectron spectroscopy of MgO- and ZnO- and the low-lying electronic states of MgO, MgO-, and ZnO, J. Phys. Chem. A, 2001, 105, 23, 5709-5718, https://doi.org/10.1021/jp010331d . [all data]
Vasiliu, Feller, et al., 2010
Vasiliu, M.; Feller, D.; Gole, J.L.; Dixon, D.A., Structures and Heats of Formation of Simple Alkaline Earth Metal Compounds: Fluorides, Chlorides, Oxides, and Hydroxides for Be, Mg, and Ca, J. Phys. Chem. A, 2010, 114, 34, 9349-9358, https://doi.org/10.1021/jp1050657 . [all data]
Operti, Tews, et al., 1989
Operti, L.; Tews, E.C.; MacMahon, T.J.; Freiser, B.S., Thermochemical Properties of Gas-Phase MgOH and MgO Determined by Fourier Transform Mass Spectrometry, J. Am. Chem. Soc. (1989), 1989, 111, 26, 9152, https://doi.org/10.1021/ja00208a002 . [all data]
Gurvich, Veyts, et al.
Gurvich, L.V.; Veyts, I.V.; Alcock, C.B., Hemisphere Publishing, NY, 1989, V. 1 2, Thermodynamic Properties of Individual Substances, 4th Ed. [all data]
Go To: Top, Gas phase thermochemistry data, References
- Symbols used in this document:
fH°gas Enthalpy of formation of gas at standard conditions
- Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69: NIST Chemistry WebBook
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) uses its best efforts to deliver a high quality copy of the Database and to verify that the data contained therein have been selected on the basis of sound scientific judgment. However, NIST makes no warranties to that effect, and NIST shall not be liable for any damage that may result from errors or omissions in the Database.
- Customer support for NIST Standard Reference Data products.